Litigation is an action brought in court or by way of private arbitration to enforce a particular right. It is the act or process of bringing a lawsuit in and of itself. Our firm represent Plaintiffs and Defendants in Civil Cases and manage all phases of the litigation process from investigation, pleadings and discovery to pre-trial, trial, settlement and appeals.
Our litigation services include:
- All civil matters in the Constitutional Court, Supreme Court of Appeal, High Court, Regional Court, Magistrate’s Court
- Commercial litigation, including contractual, engineering and building disputes
- Matrimonial and Family Law litigation, including divorce, custody and maintenance matters
- Insurance Law related disputes and claims
- Personal injury and delictual claims for losses and damages suffered
- Liquidations & Sequestrations
- Arbitrations and Mediations
- Administrative law related matters and the setting aside of unfair tenders
- Debt Collections
- Restraints of trade
Property law is the area of law that governs the various forms of ownership of movable and immovable property under the common law, statutory law and constitutional perspectives. Simply put, it is anything owned by a person or entity.